After playing around with the AC Dimmer module, I wanted to add a new interesting way to control the light bulb, and then the idea hit me:

MUSIC!

I’ve had a brand new unopened microphone module and knew I would eventually like to use in a project and decided this was the perfect time. After I soldered male header pins onto it to make it circuit-ready, I researched microphone model so I can get better insight on how to approach the code.

I found sample code to take samples of the volume from the surroundings. Then, I combined that code with the code I previously created in my previous post and I’m pleased with the results.

Below is a demo of the audio reactive light bulb in action. Enjoy!

The next video is a second demo with different music: